I have just returned from a very fulfilling ten-day trip to five states that involved speaking, consulting, coaching, and planning with various Christian ministry clients. It was one of those trips where I can clearly say, “I love my job!”
Our Sharing Knowledge Emphasis is Working!
Everywhere I went people said things to me like, “I really appreciate the articles and other resources I receive from The Columbia Partnership. They really speak into my ministry. I often download them and share them with others, or forward them electronically to people who ought to read them. Thank you! Please continue to make them available”
These comments came from church pastors and staff persons, administrative assistants concerned about the church they attend, and denominational leaders. Some indicated they had been following the writings of various TCP authors for several years and always look forward to their articles and books.
This is very gratifying. It means our Sharing Knowledge emphasis is working! Sharing Knowledge is one of the five ways The Columbia Partnership seeks to fulfill its mission of transforming the Church for vital ministry. The others are by Coaching Leaders, Funding Ministry, Transforming Congregations, and Transforming Denominations.
The theme of Sharing Knowledge is Travel Free Learning. Increasingly TCP is seeking to provide resources that do not require learners to travel to engage in learning. We do this is several ways:
- Articles released through our almost weekly eNews.
- Articles posted to our web site at www.TheColumbiaPartnership.org.
- Travel Free Learning Dialogues on Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m. EDT.
- Webinars on various subjects focused on transforming congregations and other subjects.
- Publication of books in print and digital form.
These resources are often provided at no cost to the recipients. This is always true in the case of the articles, dialogues, and some introductory webinars. [Advanced webinars and the books do have a modest charge.] However, simply because they are free to the recipients, does not mean they are provided without a cost to TCP. We invest financially in technology, online subscriptions, marketing to get the word out, and administrative and other overhead costs.
We Want Your Help!
We are committed to providing you with as many resources as possible without cost to you. It is the spirit of our Sharing Knowledge emphasis. There are several ways you can help us spread the good news about our Travel Free Learning resources.
1. Forward our almost weekly eNews to others in your ministry network who would benefit from these articles and encourage them to subscribe for free to the eNews. There is a “Join Our Mailing List” button on the lower left-hand side of each edition of the eNews. Or, people can send an e-mail to Client.Care@TheColumbiaPartnership.org and request to be added. Or, people can text "TCP" to 22828 and they will be added.
2. Let people know about our web site at www.TheColumbiaPartnership.org where several hundred articles are posted. Search for key words to discover articles of interest, and listen to the Travel Free Learning Dialogues that are recorded and posted with many of the articles.
3. Tell people about our regular Travel Free Learning Dialogues on Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m. EDT. Participants can call in at 712.432.0800 then access code 899605#.
4. Read one or more books in the TCP Leadership Series with Chalice Press, and tell you ministry friends about it. Make it a resource available at your next conference or convention. See the full list of books at http://www.chalicepress.com/TCP-Leadership-Series-C11.aspx.
5. “Like” The Columbia Partnership on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TheColumbiaPartnership.
6. Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ColaPartnership.
7. Make a $25 or more donation to The Columba Partnership Annual Fund which is dedicated to supporting and expanding our efforts at Sharing Knowledge. The donation link is https://www.wepay.com/donations/the-columbia-partnership.
We pray your Christian ministry efforts will always be faithful, effective, and innovative. We hope you will continue to see The Columbia Partnership as one of several supporting ministries to your ministry.